Social Club Fire


Location: Fazakerley, Liverpool

Fire crews have been called to an unoccupied social club fire on Harradon Road, off Longmoor Lane, L9 Fazakerley this evening.

Eight fire engines are in attendance. Crews were alerted at 8.10pm and on scene at 8.14pm.

Crews arrived to find a single storey unoccupied social club around 60 x 20 metres well alight. Crews have established water supply and 4 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are fighting the fire with high pressure hose reels and a main branch hose is also in use. 

Merseyside Police and North West Ambulance Service are also in attendance, Police are setting up a cordon at the scene.

Please avoid the area. Residents should keep doors and windows closed. If you have an existing health condition please keep medicines nearby- if any ill effects are experienced dial NHS 111. 


Firefighters have gained access to the rear of the building, with two teams of two firefighters (4 total) wearing breathing apparatus fighting the fire externally at the rear with two main jet hoses and a further two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus at the front of the building using one main jet hose to fight the fire. 

The incident is ongoing, please avoid the area.


An aerial appliance and two further fire engines have now joined the eight fire engines on scene making ten pumps and one aerial appliance. The incident has been divided into sectors, with teams of firefighters wearing breathing apparatus fighting the fire externally and internally with hose reels and main jets. The incident continues.


The arrival of the aerial appliance has enabled the release of three of the ten fire engines at the incident so there are now seven fire engines at the scene. The aerial appliance is currently being made ready at the scene and main jets are being used to fight the fire externally. Breathing apparatus is not currently in use. The incident is likely to continue for some time. 

UPDATE 8.30AM Sunday 30th October

Firefighting has continued overnight, with the incident scaled down to three fire engines and the aerial appliance in the early hours. A team from Scottish Power were able to isolate the electricity to the building so firefighting could continue with main branch hoses. Cadent also assisted by ensuring that the gas supply to the building was isolated. Crews continued to damp down the site using main branch and high pressure hoses and by around 5.00AM the aerial appliance was no longer in use. Firefighters continued to damp down, cut back and expose smouldering joists and check for hot spots with a thermal imaging camera before leaving the scene at 8.18AM.