The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 makes it a legal requirement that every member of staff receives workplace fire safety training.
Our course is open to colleagues of all levels and abilities.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with an understanding of fire safety and the practical skills needed in the event of a fire.
The course is focused on live fire extinguisher training. Delegates are taught the correct fire extinguisher handling and operating practices and can experience the use of different fire extinguishers, as well as a fire blanket on real fire.
We also inform delegates about fire legislation, fire behaviour and fire classifications, to ensure sufficient knowledge to act confidently and effectively in a fire emergency situation.
Delegates will be assessed through Q&A and observation of practical assessment
extinguishing a real fire.
- Explain and understand fire legislation
- Understand the chemistry and threat of fire
- Understand fire behaviour and demonstrate fire action routines
- Understand calling the fire service – evacuation
- Understand and explain classifications of fire
- Demonstrate fire extinguisher capabilities & limitations – extinct of fire
- Identify fire extinguisher types and colour coding
- Demonstrate application of extinguishing media
- Demonstrate fire action routines
- Demonstrate the application of water and CO2 extinguishers on real fires
- Demonstrate the application of foam extinguishers
- Demonstrate how to use a fire blanket
Full Terms & Conditions apply.